A brand new poll on Democrats supporting Joe Biden in 2024 is bad news.
According to a survey from the Trafalgar Group, Biden may not even win the Democratic Party primary in 2024 if he runs for a second term.
The survey of likely Democrat primary voters found 36.7 percent said they would “absolutely” vote for Biden, while 20.7 percent said they would “likely” vote for the incumbent, totaling 57.4 percent.
Another 7.9 percent said they would “consider” voting for Biden.
A combined 22.1 percent said they were “unlikely” or “very unlikely” to vote for the sitting president.
If Biden opted not to run, 41.3 percent of Democrat primary voters said they would support Vice President Kamala Harris.
4.2% No Opinion,
— Robert C. Cahaly (@RobertCahaly) May 13, 2021
Democrats should be very worried that they will lose control of the House in the 2022 midterm elections.
According to a new poll from Democracy Corps, enthusiasm among Republicans to vote in the midterm elections outpaces Democrats by double digits.
The survey found that 68% of Republicans remain engaged ahead of 2022. Meanwhile, Democrats have seen their engagement slip to 57%, an 11-point cushion for the GOP.
The survey also found that Republican voters remain firmly in the camp of Trump, with only 16% of Republicans identifying as “non-Trump conservatives.”
In the battleground states, which most likely decide the balance of power, only 9% of Republican voters identify themselves as part of the same group.
The survey comes as the GOP is poised to take back the House next November and could even regain control of the Senate.
The Republican Main Street Partnership survey found that swing districts across the U.S. support “Trump policies” without the noise, meaning they may not necessarily support what Trump said, but they do like what the 45th president did and enacted as opposed to what Joe Biden is doing.
“Competitive swing districts across the country are the key to Republicans winning back the majority in 2022,” said Sarah Chamberlain, president of the Republican Main Street Partnership. “Voters want good, commonsense, conservative policies, without the noise and rhetoric.”
In its latest survey, 26% of respondents expressed a favorable opinion of President Joe Biden, who is proposing a series of liberal programs and trillions in government spending.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California fared worse, registering a 14% favorability rating. Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York clocked in at 17%.
Strengthening border security and stopping the surge of unaccompanied minors and opposing Biden’s “gun control actions” both polled between 65% and 70%.
When asked if they preferred “someone who would uphold the institutions of government” or “an insurgent who will shake up the status quo,” 57% picked the former, while 31% went with the latter. Similarly, 56% said they wanted a candidate who “works across the aisle to get legislation passed” versus 35% who want a candidate who “holds firm to their belief regardless of circumstances.”
“Efforts to overhaul election regulations in the states have been a major priority of Republican leaders and the GOP base in the aftermath of the 2020 presidential election, with many in the party agreeing with Trump’s claim that the election was stolen. In the survey, 32% of respondents described themselves as “very conservative,” with 27% saying they were “somewhat conservative” and 26% saying they were ‘moderate,’” the Examiner added.
ARTICLE SOURCE : TRENDINGPOLITICS.COM